Wednesday, October 29, 2014
8:30am – 3:00pm
There is no cost to attend this event, however,
registration is required!
On October 29, 2014, the U.S. Resilience Project (USRP) in partnership with America’s Small Business Development Center New Jersey and The Monmouth-Ocean Development Council (MODC) will present the business workshop Putting the “How-To” in Resilience. This workshop will take place at Woodlake County Club in Lakewood, NJ on October 29, 2014 from 8:30am – 3:00pm. This free event is open to business owners throughout New Jersey and pre-registration is required.
According to the recent Forbes article by Jason Bloomberg, Innovation: The Flip Side of Resilience, “resilient organizations and innovative organizations share essential core competencies”.The same business practices that help companies weather any storm – from market disruptions to hurricanes – also create the flexibility, agility and connectedness that drive prosperity. This workshop will help participants look beyond risk to opportunity, identify the capabilities and competencies their business will need to manage the impact of any potential future disruption and work to Catalyze a solutions-focused dialogue among managers from small businesses, large businesses and government. Participants will work with and learn from national and international leaders in Business Resilience, such as:
- Bob Klemme, Manager, Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery, Verizon Wireless
- Tony MacDonald, Director, Urban Coast Institute
- Rae Mallin, Manager, Energy Preparedness, Jersey Central Power & Light
- John Wyckoff, Director of Engineering and Construction, New Jersey Natural Gas
- Nathaniel Forbes, Director, International Association of Emergency Managers, Author of Calamity Prevention blog