Saturday, October 27, 2018
The NJSBDC at Brookdale Community College and Bank of America have partnered to ensure that our community entrepreneurs and small businesses receive assistance with their credit needs. On Saturday, October 27th from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm., the NJSBDC will offer a no-cost Credit Clinic at the Brookdale Community College, Freehold campus. This two-part clinic focuses on both personal and financial credit.
Many small businesses have discovered the hard way that simply running a business today is just not what it takes in order to be a successful business owner in the current market economy. And, for those individuals not having a financial background, this makes the experience of business ownership a challenging undertaking resulting in missed opportunities caused by a lack of information essential for small business success.
With the Equifax breach in 2017, business owners have an opportunity to learn of tools available to them to help create and guard their business growth. All this while transacting business and managing the potentially harmful effects from bad actors looking to disrupt business activities.
Establishing personal credit is the foundation for building business credit. With the recent Equifax breach, it is more important than ever to understand your personal credit so that you may develop a business credit file.
First section: 9:00 am -12:00 pm
In the first section of the program participants will learn:
- Identify products, tools, and services available for a small business
- Strategies to build or improve credit
- Explain how personal finances impact a business’s ability to get credit
- Understand how credit reporting affects the growth of a small business
- Identify credit reports and reporting systems used to assess credit risk
- Explain how credit reports work
- Discussion Federal Trade Commission and how to get your free annual report
- Discuss Equifax breach and your credit
- What is the difference between a credit freeze and a credit alert
- Who is an imposter?
and most important why your annual credit report your BFF.
Second section: 1:00 pm -4:00 pm
Financial Management Clinic for Business
Financials can be intimidating, even for seasoned entrepreneurs and understanding how to use them when setting up your business for success is achievable with the right tools.
Participants will learn:
- Understand the financial planning cycle framework for your business
- Understand the basics of financial statements and profitability measures
- Understand financial statements used to analyze your company’s financial health
- Know your recordkeeping requirements for the new year
- Understand financial modeling in order to predict your sales
- How to forecast your sales
This event can get your credit and business going in the right direction. Although this event is cost-free registration is required. So Register Today!
To register for this informative Financial Bootcamp click here