Learn more about grants and contracting opportunities at the Department of Commerce and its bureaus.
- Search Grants.gov for all open Department of Commerce grants.
Minority Business looking for assistance? The Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) delivers additional financial assistance to a national network of MBDA Business Centers and Specialty Centers. The funding provides resources for education, training, and advising small and minority business enterprises in their recovery from the effects of the COVID-19 crisis.
⇒ Minority Business Development Agency Awards $10M in Federal Funding under the CARES Act
⇒ MBDA Grants
Need assistance with Economic Development? The Economic Development Administration (EDA) provides economic development assistance programs to help communities prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus.
⇒ EDA CARES Act Recovery Assistance
⇒ Apply for an EDA Funding Opportunity
Need assistance with Broadband Grants? The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has three new broadband grant programs:
- The Broadband Infrastructure Program;
- The Tribal Broadband Connectivity Program; and
- The Connecting Minority Communities Program.
⇒ Overview of NTIA Funding
⇒ NTIA Telecommunications Grants
Advanced Manufacturing Grants: The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Notices of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) are posted to grants.gov when the application period opens. List of NIST NOFOs, which may include programs related to advanced manufacturing.
Trade for Non-Profits: The International Trade Administration (ITA) offers the Market Development Cooperator Program (MDCP). Non-profit groups compete for MDCP awards by proposing innovative projects that address trade barriers, enhance industry competitiveness, and generate exports that create or sustain U.S. jobs.
Fishery Funds: The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has funds for grants, fishery financing loans, and coastal economic development to assist communities affected by COVID-19.
⇒ $300 Million in Assistance Allocated by Secretary of Commerce in CARES A
⇒ Additional NOAA Grant opportunities:
- Search FedBizOps.gov for open Department of Commerce procurements.
Resources for contractors
- Department of Commerce Procurement Forecasts – These files are made available for all businesses on planned Department of Commerce contracting opportunities. The information provided assists with acquisition planning by helping vendors learn about potential contracting opportunities early in the procurement process.
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) – The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) is an advocacy and advisory office responsible for promoting the use of small, small disadvantaged, 8(a), women-owned, veteran-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned and HUBZone small businesses within the Department of Commerce’s acquisition process.
- Small Business Administration’s Contracting section of their website where you can learn about how to “Get Started” and “Contracting Support for Small Business”
- The General Services Administration has implemented a system for vendors doing business with the federal government to manage their entity information in one central location. This database is the System for Award Management (SAM).
Contracting offices at our bureaus
Information Courtesy of the Department of Commerce