Interested in registering a new business? The New Jersey Small Business Development Center (NJSBDC) at Brookdale Community College, serving Monmouth and Ocean Counties, hosts two workshops per month to assist you in registering your small business with the State of New Jersey and the IRS. Please note, the prerequisite for this workshop is the Small Business Start-up Workshop, so that all registrants are knowledgeable on the different types of business entities available, along with their legal/tax implications. Learn about the Small Business Start-up Workshop.
Forming an LLC, S-Corp or Corporation in the State of New Jersey is a three part process.
- State of New Jersey Department of Treasury – Division of Revenue Business Entity Filing
- IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- State of New Jersey Tax/Employer Registration
The State of New Jersey and the IRS have now automated this process so that the complete registration can be completed within a 2 hours timeframe online*. The ASBDC New Jersey at Brookdale Community College will walk you through the process in real time through instructor led direction and individual assistance and you will walk away with a registered business! The only cost involved is the business formation filing fee to the State of New Jersey ($125).
Pre-registration is required and workshop class sizes are very limited due to the one-on-one attention given throughout the process, so register today to secure a spot in the next clinic.
To register, please call 732-842-8685
Prior to attending this workshop, participants must:
- Have attended the NJSBDC Business Start-up Workshop in order to be knowledgeable on the different types of business entities available along with their legal/tax implications (participants must come prepared with chosen business structure).
- Come prepared with at least three business names (in the event that your primary choice is already taken).
- Bring a credit card or electronic check to pay the State of New Jersey online for the business formation ($125)
- In the event that you are registering a partnership, you must come prepared with your partner’s, as well as your own full address, social security number, mailing address and percentage of ownership for each partner.
* The timeframe referenced may be impacted by business name of choice (if it is too close to another entity name, IRS may have you fax in a form) or unexpected State of New Jersey or IRS computer downtime.